Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1140E Callers Log 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDohUK

IS-IT--Management
Jan 16, 2007
GB
Good Morning,

We've recently upgraded from M3904 handsets to 1140E's, on the 3904's there was a "Callers" button that allowed you to see a list of the incoming calls. I'm attempting to find a similar feature on the 1140, without much success.

In the 1140E user guide it states:
"Press Feature *812 and use the navigation keys to scroll through and edit the call log."

However, prehaps i'm missing something, but which is the feature button?

As an alternative, I attempted to add CLT to a softkey, but I get an SCH1425, unit type must be 2616.

Unless i'm missing something obvious, it seems like the 1140's (in terms of features) are a step backwards! Does anyone know how to enable Caller Log?

Thanks
John

- you appear to be looking at a BCM version of the User Guide instead of a CS 1000 version. On a CS 1000, the Callers List / Redial List / Personal Directory are accessed via the "Directory" fixed key.
- Look at the IP Line NTP. Callers List / Redial List / Personal Directory is provided by the "IP Phone Application Server" which is a software application which runs on a signaling server.

Ah thanks.

We don't have a signalling server, we're just running from the one IP Card currently. I presume this means we can't use any of these directories (with the exception of Corporate Directory, for some reason) without a signaling server?

Many thanks,
John

You need a signalling server in order to get callers list and Rls 4.x or later on the pbx.

I2007

Ah right thanks, does the signalling server, provide other benefits or is it just to enable Directories?

Thanks

H.323 and sip support for instance...

I2007

plus..
- increased capacity for number of IP Phones
- Element Manager (web-based configuration utility)

You need the Signaling Server as specified....also note that if you upgrade to Release 5.0 on the PBX you will also get the added bennefit of the Context Sensitive softkeys you were used to with the M39XX phones.

Example is you will see the Caller List, and Redial list when the phone is not in use...you will also get the CallPilot prompts to play, delete, skip messeages etc.

You can get the callers list with 4.0 and 4.5 through the signaling server today but it means you need to always go to your directory first (the spot your at which is only showing you Corporate Directory).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back