Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1140E Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacksonsmom

IS-IT--Management
Jul 25, 2008
CA
I have activated bluetooth to work on my 1140 set, however, I can only answer the calls by pressing headset on my phoneset rather than on my bluetooth. Did I miss something when I activated bluetooth?

Also if I press to get dialtone on my bluetooth I will not unless I press headset on the phone set. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks,

Jacksonsmom

Does the headset support the features you are trying to use? Not all headsets are created equal.

Hi thanks for responding yes the headset does support these features. I actually can get dialtone now with my headset I just do not get any notification of when the phone is ringing. Now I can answer a call on the bluetooth if I hear the phone ringing. Thanks.

I'm using a Sennheiser VMX100, and I hear a chime when the phone is ringing. I can also answer calls (or go off hook) by pressing the button on the mini boom of the headset.

Thanks for your response. I am using the Jawbone II but I have purchased a Plantronics 520, Motorala S9 (seem to have the same issue on this one), and Discovery 665. I will test out the other two headsets and see if I get any notifications of ring. Perhaps it is a setting in the 1140E itself. I did change the "Offhook default" to be the headset versus Handsfree.

Make sure that you are using latest firmware on the 1140E.

We've been using several Plantronic 510's with no issues. I have noticed that other headsets aren't totally compatible with the 1140.

Thanks for the responses I am currently waiting to see if we can have our current firmware upgraded and if that does not correct the problem I will definitely try one of the headsets that you recommended. Can anyone tell me what the latest version of firmware is? Thanks

Jacksonsmom

Correct C6E

Product Bulletin
Bulletin Number: P-2008-0102-Global-Rev2
Date: 11 July 2008

UNIStim Firmware Release 3.0 for IP Phones, including:

0604DCD for Phase II IP Phones (2001, 2002 & 2004),
621C6D for IP Phone 2007,
0623C6E, 0624C6E, 0625C6E and 0627C6E for IP Phone 1110, 1120E, 1140E and 1150E respectively and
062AC6E for IP Phone 1210, 1220, and 1230

911Guru
E911 FAQs are located at:

Thanks for your responses I have someone coming in today to update our firmware.

IP set firmware does not require password access. As long as you can access the internet from the PC from which you are accessing the Element manager, there are links to download the Firmware currency file and all of the IP set software provided on the Element manager pages.

Pay attention to the process that your tech uses and then you can do it yourself whenever you want.

Be advised that sometimes a new firmware is released, but the currency file takes longer to be updated. I don't recommend installing firmware that is not on the currency file with direct instruction from your vendor or Nortel.

Update: after firmware upgrade all the bluetooth headsets, that I mentioned above, now work perfectly. Thanks again.

ML

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back