Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1140 (CallPilot 4) Feature button programming 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

winzig

MIS
Mar 11, 2010
US
Hi,

I have an ext. that belonged to an Exec. Assist. who no longer supports a VP in our bldg. His ext. was programmed on one of the feature buttons on her 1140e deskset. How do I remove the VP's ext. from her phone? I know how to telnet into the CS1000 and IN/OUT Names and backup the system but that is the extent or knowledge to manage this system. I'd greatly appreciate any assistance as to what the proper sequence of commands to perform the feature button programming.

tia
winzig45

Get into her set using prt 1st and see what her TN is and which key his DN is. Lets assume it's key 02. Get into her set using LD 11 or LD 20,
chg
XXX X XX XX
echg (yes)
key 02 X (enter)
(enter)
(enter)
Get into her set again using prt at the prompt and see if it blanked that key.

NCSS NCTS NCTE

Thanks. That has gotten me closer. I was able to get 02 to match what is mapped on 03 because before 02 was actually assiged to a different ext than 03. Now I need to delete both. When I do a prt, tnb, 120 0 00 26 it shows that both are mapped to the same ext. now.

When I do a chg what do I enter on the ITEM: line to get rid of the mapping on both feature keys now? I your original past you showed "key 02 X (enter), not sure what X should be to delete/remove that ext..

key 02 ?

prt tnb shows the following ;

02 SCR 15100 0
03 SCR 15100 0

tia

For the key you wish to remove; enter key XX NUL

That will blank it (I forgot to add that before).

NCSS NCTS NCTE

Look in Software Input/Output Admin book under LD 11 and find the key responses...it's in that section

NCSS NCTS NCTE

Also, Call Pilot 4.0 is the voicemail server attached to the PBX. Most likely, you have a Communication Server 1000 Meridian PBX (CS1000)

If you go to LD 22 and enter ISS it should tell you what system and software release you have. That will be handy to enter in the topic header when you post questions about the PBX itself.

Example: 1140 feature programming CS1000 4.5

Jim

NCSS NCTS NCTE

Jim,

Thanks. You are awesome! The NUL worked great. Yes it is a CS1000. Thanks for the other tips and I will keep them in mind for future posts.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back