Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1120e "DHCP server unreachable"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nortel1000

Technical User
Nov 9, 2010
US
A: Unboxed the new phone and connected to LAN via POE switch. Phone booted, showed firmware version ...C60, started DHCP, but "DHCP server unreachable". These phones usually connect, update firmware and proceed to the endpoint where I enter the assigned TN. Upon failure, phone automatically tries DHCP again but never connects.

B: Booted the phone and pressed the 4 softkeys after seeing the small NORTEL logo. Entered the password. All of the choices were grayed out.

C: I then followed the procedure to reset to factory specs but that made no difference. Odd thing is that when I've reset to factory specs on some phones it won't connect, but the next day it would and every day thereafter.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Do you assign the phones to a specific VLAN? If so, see what the VLAN options are set to.

Sorry, "NO VLAN" is our default on all phones. Need a time-out while our network admin checks the switch ports. They may have done some work that affects this. More later...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back