Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1120E phone model differences and SIP upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

HungryHouse

Vendor
Oct 7, 2005
US
Does anyone know the difference between the older NTYS03BA vs. the newer series:
Either:

IP Phone 1120E - Graphite with TEXT keys no power supply - MD w/inventory NTYS03BC
-or-
IP Phone 1120E - Graphite with TEXT keys no power supply NTYS03BD

I know both are unistim, but they key is whether there is limited memory on the older BA phone to prevent the Unistim model from being upgrade to SIP.

I don't see anything in the SIP 2.2 documentation (just came out 9/13) to indicate model differences, however, there must be a reason why BA was discontinued and replaced with BC and BD?

Any help is appreciated.

-HH

From 2009009363, Rev 1 - "Hardware changes made to the IP Phone 1120E and IP Phone 1140E product design have recently been introduced into the factories. One of the changes was within the power circuitry to include additional power efficiencies for both IP Phone models.

Hi Gwebster,

Thank you for the find on the document, however, I do not believe this is applicable.
I found the post that you are referring to here:

however, of the models discussed, I do not see any mention of the one I'm referring to as being replaced:
(NTYS03BA)

go to enter 1120E in the search box at the top
Next you will see three models
Checkmark the 3 boxes and click 'compare'
Looks like only one model is capable of having a static IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back