Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1120/1140 IP phones reset/freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mushrooms

Vendor
Mar 26, 2010
ZA
Hi, a customer of ours is running a CS1000E on a nortel data network. The problem they experiencing is some of the IP phones intermittently freezes up and loose connectivity to the CS1000. To resolve this issue you have to reboot the phone which solves the problem for a few minutes When i test the phone on a different CS1000 it seems to be stable without freezing up. Could this be a firmware issue on the phone or the signalling server or maybe a port setting on the 5520 data switches?

Could be a number of things. Starting point is to ensure that you are using the latest software on the 11xx. That is C7J.

I have seen this when the PD/redial feature is programmed wrong. When configuring the server you must use the ELAN ip address of the signaling server that will be running the PD feature.

thanks guys for the feedback. i have checked both the firmware and the PD and they seem fine. if you guys have any other suggestions please let me know.

I would say some sort of port/data setting on your 5520. Does your IP route go through different switches/gateways when you set up the freezing phone on your other CS1000? My guess would be yes of course - but you never know these days :) Could be losing heartbeat or some other critical packet. BEST RECOMMENDATION - setup a sniffer on the ELAN and start looking at packets. Good luck.

If you are using POE try to connect the 11xx with a 48V PSU sometimes it helps.

hi davidsigma,

is it safe to connect the 1120 to a POE port and a 48V PSU?

No problem. The phone will decide from which source to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back