Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1110 volume control issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb6934

Technical User
Jul 14, 2010
US
Here is the scenario...the phone works perfectly for the first 24 hours and then the volume goes at the phone end-they can be hear the person on the other phone talking but the 1110 person can’t be heard..has anyone ever had this problem and is it something that can be fixed or not?

always works until post drol, or does it actually work for 24 hours... if i do the install at 17:00 does it work 0800 the next morning, ie post drol but prior to a 24 hour clock..

post drol would point me in one directions, 24 hours would make me look in another..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

cust reports, phone never works on Wed.. ignore impossible report..

cust meant to report, i work one day a week at a branch office, that phone is broke,, not the number on the report it's at the main branch

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

mirror the port the phone is on and setup a sniffer, see if the packets are leaving the phone when this happens.

You should see RTP packets streaming toward the other end.

also, is the problem with ALL calls (IP to IP, IP to TDM...etc.)

FYI, 1110 RLS 9 or lower had an know issue of loss of voice path or where the voice is very low on the handset and the far end caller is difficult to hear

RLS 10 + of the phone fixed that issue....

The problem is IP to IP I haven't tried IP to TDM which I will in a few minutes. I also have tried multiple handset and tried cleaning where the plastic makes contact with the hookswitch...same results...My Question to you is how do know if it's a release 9 or 10?

if the label on the bottom of the phone does not have it....no sure then.....

This is what I found on one label " NTYS02AAE6 09" so I'm assuming that is a Release 9 or am I wrong?

i would have to assume so, it's a normal Nortel setup NT# RLS #

I all,
I have the same issue too.

Is there anyway to solve it without replacing the set?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back