Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

110 bridging clips

Status
Not open for further replies.

avayanooby

Programmer
Feb 20, 2007
US
Do any of the ole' Bell guys / gals in here know what the 110 block "bridging" clips are called ? They snap in on one pair on the top row and "bridge" down to the 2nd row same pair. No protection or fuses just a "bridge" like a 66 block but on 110.

Nope, they go on top of the clips. The best way to descibe them is a 110 bridge clip. They short directly to the next row of terminations. ie>> pair 1 white/ blue to pair 26 white/ blue

Can't say that I've heard of something like that before. [ponder]

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

Sorry about that... I didn't see that you are looking for clips for 110 blocks. The only ones I have seen are fused.

Neither the type 88 nor type 110 connecting blocks had any bridging clips designed for the purpose you mentioned by the Bell System. I did not see any in the SystiMax docs either.

The only method shown in the BSPs was making multiple lead appearances by running the same lead(s) thru the lead index of the 88 or 110 mounting. Then you run a jumper for each needed connection.

If you want a picture, I will have to find the practice and upload the page. Let me know.

....JIM....

Hmmm...,after a bit or research onsite I don t feel so bad being stumped. We have some of them in place right now but we wanted to cut through another hundred pair through the isolation transformers so I was thinking of keeping everything the same inside the box. This is some old abandoned bell gear. I think its type 88 due to the fact its almost like the 110 but may appear to be BIX at first glance, and its been there for 20 plus years. I guess we will use short cross connect wire to go between them.

I think I know what you are talking about, but I went looking thru all my catalogs yesterday morning and could not find them.

What is in my brain is not so much a bridge clip, per se, but I seem to recall it was some kind of fuse or sneak current protector or something like that - if I remember the usage right they made a 110 block into some kind of glorified 66 block. The signal came in on row 1, and went out on row 2, and there was this little off-white fusey thing that snapped on the pair on row 1 and across to row 2 - it was designed for OPX or something where the lines needed to be fused.

Like I said though - I know it was in catalogs 10-odd years ago, but can't find it now.... It was either a lucent or siemens product. It probably went the way of those colored 110 snap-in plastic designation strips I like that are so cool and you can write on them with Sharpie... I can't find those anymore either....

Donb01

Yes, glorified 66 block, In on row 1 out on row 2. It creates and easy test point. I went and looked at a couple of the clear plastic ones and it is possible that it could be some sort of fuse as well. But the rest are the off white or red and you cant see the inside as if it were a fuse of sorts.

I don t think they are made anymore... I ve got a few reps at the parts houses scratchin' thier heads too trying to remember when....

As always Thanks for all the help !!!!

I recall a 110 block made by Siemon that had a removable plastic piece to isolate pairs for testing (I think). I can't find it in their catalog though.

jeff moss

The Siemon Co 110 connecting block with the isolate pair function was discontinued several years ago circa 2000?

If the item is not in the current catalogue it is probably discontinued. Like the SBWD wire dispenser caddy. It was perfect for cross-connect wire. It held several spools.

Siemon Co does have the color hinged block covers and the snap -on clear ones available. The problem with the snap-on cover is too many guys NEVER put them back on when they were finished!

But none of the 110 connecting block manufacturers ever made a bridging clip. Because of the block design concept, that was not a necessary feature. But planning a backboard layout is necessary.

....JIM....

Systimax used to have a 50 pair disconnect block, the TELCO here used to use them as demarcation point,in on row 1 , out on row 2, in on row 3 and out on row 4. We also sourced an AT&T gaseous arrestor panel for one job which did have plug-in gaseous arrestor modules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back