Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

11.1 FP3 Web Manager not working 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmnstr

Programmer
Feb 18, 2009
US
After upgrading to 11.1 FP3, web manager on port 7070 gives a message "IP Office not available. Please try again." Port 7071 responds properly. Any idea what could be causing this? Upgrade was performed because Media Manager recordings could not be retrieved on 11.0.1.0, but now we can't even access web manager. Any help would be appreciated.

1. How did you upgrade?

2. What does logging in on 7071 show about the IP Office service?

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

@cmnstr, upgrades on a Server Edition from 11.0 to R11.1 needs a special procedure, you can't go straight as usual, did you follow it?

Upgrade was done by loading ISO on the server and performing upgrade. The system was already at 11.1.0.1 so I didn't need to go through the process of going to 11.0.4 before moving to 11.1.3. My workstation that I was using for remote access rebooted overnight so I need to wait or someone to get in to log in before I can check logs. Web Manager shows running on 7071 and I can access the login page on 7070, it just gives me the error when I enter user name and password.

We have had a similar issue on a couple of customers we upgraded recently, a full server reboot resolved it for us.

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it.
If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH'.
The paint wouldn't even have time to dry.”

Terry Pratchet

No luck on the shutdown and restart.

The solution posted above has solved the issue everytime I encountered this issue.
I once had an issue where I could not access the 7071 port. I believe the port was being used somewhere else on the network.
I had to change the port in the voicemail settings.ini file to something else. 7072 and I was able to login.

Thank you. I tried to give that a try but ran into a new issue. Apparently, the root password is unknown for this system. Do you guys know if GRUB bootloader is used in the Avaya builds to be able to reset the root password? Or, is there another way to reset the root password?

@cmnstr GRUB is used yes, here's how to reset root on a V11.1 (CentOS 7) system:

[ol 1]
[li]Shut down the IPOSE[/li]
[li]Boot up and get onto console session (I recommend VMWare Remote Console or Workstation)[/li]
[li]Press e on bootup to change boot options[/li]
[li]Find the 'linux16' line and scroll through to the end of the line, then add 'rd.break setenforce=0'[/li]
[li]Save by pressing enter and then boot by pressing Ctrl+x[/li]
[li]When the terminal starts type:
Code:
mount -o remount,rw /sysroot
chroot /sysroot
passwd root
Enter new password for root
touch /.autorelabel <= THIS IS IMPORTANT TO UPDATE SELINUX
exit
exit
[/li]
[li]System will relabel and reboot, give it time[/li]
[li]Note you CANNOT log into root via the console command line during normal running, always use SSH[/li]
[/ol]

image_krgaza.png

image_yhukgw.png

image_tv1kd1.png

image_fvgow1.png

image_bptiuk.png

Cheers,
BFG9K
Avaya IPO/ACCS Technician
Melbourne, Australia

Thank you all! Had some issues getting root password reset but as soon as that was done the document provided solved it and had the customer back up and running in 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back