Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

11.0 issues with HG announcements 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKThomas

Technical User
Feb 14, 2014
US
I apologize if this is a stupid question, guys. I have searched and searched with no luck. I have an 11.0 system Essential Edition, licensed with 4 additional VM ports, that the announcements on the only hunt group in use just quit working a few days ago. I even created a new hunt group and recorded new announcements and it will not work either. No phones are using voicemail, so I am sure that it is not a resource problem. What am I missing here?
Thanks in advance,
DKT

Did as you said, snowman50. Voice mail never picks up. Set HG no answer time to 10 seconds, VM is on for the group, VM answer time for 20 seconds. Watching the calls in System Status, I can see the call hit the reception group, all phones in that group are ringing. I had the staff on the phone with me and called from my cell for the test while watching SSA, so I could tell them if it was me and not to answer. Watched it ring for over 25 seconds and nothing happened except the HG member phones ring.

Still watching SSA look at the voicemail tab

Is voice mail active and set for embedded voicemail

Check manager and voicemail tab and make sure it’s set for embedded.

Do any mailboxes actually answer

Thanks for the fast reply, snowman50. Just did that test, and the individual VM box answered when my call was transferred to an extension with VM.

DKThomas…
If your basic hunt group is not work correctly..then some thing is wrong.

When testing prove the hunt group works first…with voicemail on
Eg…dial the group number.. 400: 402 etc.
This aleast will prove the hunt group.
Don’t ring in with an external call.

So if that does not work then ringing in won’t either.

Work on a test system and see what you’re doing wrong.

Or set up a new huntgroup you can play with on the live system so as not to annoy anyone.

Does your ICR route have any timers set on it.

Other than that you may have to to upgrade the system..11.0 to another 11…. Version
Plenty of you tube videos on line to show you how it’s done…

Practice on the system you took out..8.0 to another 8…. Version that way you won’t need a licence

snowman50, thank you again for all your help and information. I am just now getting back to this, again. I have nearly 30 of these IP Office systems in various versions, but this is the only one with IP sets. I am familiar with upgrading, but this one fails every time.
I keep sticking on the fact that the sets are registering every 55 seconds. If not that, something is using all the working memory and not letting me send the upgrade files. I have upgraded within release dozens of time with no issues, but this one has stumped me. Testing another hunt group gives the same results, the HG announcement never gets accessed. turning my no answer time down does not allow the VM to be accessed. I guess they will have to live with it until I can get them converted to Cisco. At that oint, it will not be my problem anymore.
Still trying, though. And thank you , again. Star for your efforts and willingness to help.

No problem..

Ip sets constantly poll the ip office for registration…
Wouldn’t worry about that.

I did have one System the hunt group mailbox wouldn’t work..
I did a complete reset and erased the config…same issue.

All the other mailboxes worked fine.

So system chassis was replaced and restored the config ..
No issues after that.

So the motherboard voicemail was faulty…😵‍💫

wow. never would have thought of that. Now I see the logic in some of your posts... Will have to schedule a downtime.
Thanks again!

I FOUND IT!! Whew! Like I said before, this system was a copy of how the previous tech set the old system up. Calls come in on any line set to ICR 1. ICR 1 has destination set to group 500 Open, with one member, 306 phantom open. Phantom open is permanently call forwarded to 61, which is dial group 402 for all sets to ring. Something in that line of logic did not translate from 8.0 to 11.0 evidently. Cutting out all the BS and setting ICR 1 to a destination of 402 Open Hunt, works like a charm. Announcements 1 and 2 work as they should, music on hold plays in between them, and all is right in my world for now. the only thing that I am missing now is the ability to temp close during open hours, but I know how to make that happen.
Want to say again, thank you to all who offered help and suggestions, especially snowman50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back