Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

11.0 issues with HG announcements 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKThomas

Technical User
Feb 14, 2014
US
I apologize if this is a stupid question, guys. I have searched and searched with no luck. I have an 11.0 system Essential Edition, licensed with 4 additional VM ports, that the announcements on the only hunt group in use just quit working a few days ago. I even created a new hunt group and recorded new announcements and it will not work either. No phones are using voicemail, so I am sure that it is not a resource problem. What am I missing here?
Thanks in advance,
DKT

I will also ask a stupid question.

What doesn’t work……..🤷

The recordings .
The queue announcements.
The mailbox .

The hunt group .

Does basic voice mail work.

Does a hunt group work with a basic mailbox .

Can you hear and playback your announcements.
Can you hear and play back your mailbox.

Use SSA and see if the voicemail is active.

Can you see the announcements being activated in the screen..

Did you tick the call queue announcements box and save it. 🤞

Sorry, Snowman50, you are correct that I should have provided more info. The queue announcement for the reception hunt group is not working. They do not use voice mail boxes, so I cannot tell for sure if they are working. (I will set up a test today with a voicemail box on an unused set to verify.) This is the only group they have, as this is a small medical clinic. Calls come in to the main hunt group Reception, with 5 members active in it. There are usually only 2 users at any time, but sometimes 3 or 4. There are only 4 lines into the clinic, all SIP hand-off dial tones. The system was working as programmed and suddenly stopped. The group is set as collective, queing is on, overflow is off. The announcement box is ticked, the announcements are there when you check *91400 and *92400. Time is set to 12 seconds before the first announcement and 25 til the second. I recreated the group as 402, recorded new announcements under *91402 and *92402. Pointed the calls to the new group with the same result, no announcements working.

You will need to verify by setting up a mailbox and test to see if the same thing happens.

It may be a sip problem .

Sorry for just getting back to this, and thanks again snowman50. I ran monitor on the system and the phones are registering every 55 seconds. Each phone (20), every 55 seconds, give or take a few milliseconds. All extensions are set up as H.323 extensions. It was also reported to me that this announcement has not worked since installation. The phones are 9620, 9630, and 9640 sets. Should I have built these as SIP phones instead?
More background: This location had an 8.0 system. The clinic wanted an upgrade, and I know I did this the hard way, but I replaced the whole box and built the system following the old system and re-used the existing phones. I have never done an upgrade, no local support at all, nearest dealer is over 4 hours away. This is the only system I have using IP phones and the powers above me have decided to go with Cisco at all locations eventually, so I get no support from my leadership.
Any insight is greatly appreciated.

So you have proved the announcements can be heard.

What happens when you ring the hunt group directly.
Ring 401 or 402. To see if the announcements answer..

Use SSA (system status application) to actually see what happens.
If it’s getting to the voicemail you will see it happening.

It sounds as if you have not enabled announcements for the huntgroup..
Go to the group announcement tab and make sure it’s enabled.

Since you have reprogrammed this from scratch..you may have missed this.

Announcements are turned on, just verified. Also just remembered something, I had a power outage one morning and had to change out the UPS. While the phones were down waiting on the switched to come back up, but the system had come back up, the announcements worked. After the phones had finished coming back, they quit again.

Ringing the hunt group directly gives the same result. Announcements do not work, HG phone sets ring. The announcement is set to come on at 15 seconds to give the staff time to answer the phone.

Here is what is running through my monitor screen every time I open it (among the defaulted data):
(time stamp) H323 Event: Recv:RegistrationRequest (IP Addr) Extn2xx, time since last RRQ-KA 5501(+/- a few milliseconds) Endpoints Registered:20; Endpoints in Registration:0
All 20 sets, every 55 seconds. I missed something...

Can you run SSA………………"
Not Monitor

Check you do not have night service or OOS out of service running.
That would take Control away from the group

Gotcha. System status shows a call coming in and ringing to the hunt group. After 15 seconds the first HG announcement is supposed to play but doesn't. There is no overflow or Queing set on the group. There is an out of service destination to the temp message, but the Reception group shows that it is in service. Out of service setting for the reception group is done by a toggle button programmed on 2 of the sets.

This is strange..
So still watching SSA…
ringing 400 you don’t see the embedded voicemail trying to access the announcement.
Does it continually ring or does it do any thing while the call rings

Does the SSA voicemail tab show the voicemail active.
When dialing *91400 you should see the announcement being accessed.

Try setting up another test group and set the voicemail on to see if it overflows to the hg mail box.

If that works the do the same for your main huntgroup to see if it at least overflows to the mailbox..

You can watch all this happening on SSA…

If all else fails do a controlled reboot of the system.

Remember on 11.0 the night service OOS if ON will still be retained..

Some screen shots of all your hunt group settings would be useful

I do not have voicemail turned on for the group. This is strictly the announcement tab that I am working with.
Dialing *91400 proves the announcement is there. If I read you correctly, I should set VM on for a test group and see if the calls flow to the VM after not getting answered? Hope these come through...

Screen1_opwts3.png
screen2_nv0e2p.png

Queuing, Overflow, and VoiceMail tabs are all off.

Ok so you’re showing 402 here.🤔

Set the no answer timer to 300 so as the time is well beyond any other timer.
Because you have set it to 13 it will go back to the start of the hunt group again after 13 sec.

This will also not allow time for the announcement to reach the second one as it waits 20 seconds to play therefore never reaching it.

Have you tried setting up a mailbox yet to see if it actually hits the voicemail…
Just to prove your group can get to the voicemail..🤞

Dont you need Queuing on to get announcements?

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Vive Communications

snowman50, 402 is the current group in use; I built it like 400 for testing. Right now they are interchangeable. Trying the no answer time change now. Will post the results once they open.

did you upgrade the vm when you upgraded the IPO
V11 IPO & V8 vm are not compatible & i learnt the hard way it will not see users & groups to create mailboxes

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

ACSS

He says it’s essential edition…😉. I hope

And not upgraded…replaced with new 11.0 hardware

Just thinking have you checked the voicemail ports are free and not locked up in any way…

Just do a reboot …it cures so many issues…😉

IPGuru
it is embedded

ADDENDUM
I should read faster so that I get the latest posts :)
Disregard me comment

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

Only 5 of the 20 extensions have VM activated. Setting the no-answer time to 300 did not help. Keeping it at 300 for now. Here is the resources screen:
screen4_zhgdjs.png

******Does your huntgroup go to the mailbox…*******
Reset your no answer timer to 10 seconds and switch on voicemail..

Tell me if the HUNTGROUP MAILBOX at least gets answered…
You still haven’t said this works.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back