Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

11.0.4 Basic delete VM passcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcc1000

Vendor
Aug 26, 2013
US
Hello all,

Setting up a new install at my office. In my User Settings I programmed a default passcode for the user's voicemail of 2468.
First I was thinking they would want that to remotely (through the AA) retrieve their messages.
When you have a code programmed then you need to enter that all the time from their office phone to check your messages.
After speaking to the new customer, they say they won't ever check their messages remotely & prefer when in the office not having to dial a code to check messages.

When I try to delete the voicemail passcode I get an error saying the passcode is to short & I always now have to have some code in it.
I didn't put a code in on one Ext. & by default it's blank with no errors for that one.

I have an older 9.0.5 Basic system for testing only in my office & I can delete the passcodes with no error.
This is what I want to do with this newer system.

Is there anyway other way of removing the voicemail passcode on this 11.0.4 without having to default the system & reprogram everything?

Thanks to all replies

Where is the error, it might just be informational and will work with out it. You might try to delete the user and recreate them to see if that will fix your problem.
Mike

Thanks for the reply teletechman,

When I delete the current & the confirm passcode I get red X's flashing beside that field of entry.
When I put my cursor over those X's it says passcode to short in length.
If I try to approve anyways a popup box comes up & says there is an error in the programming & needs to be resolved before approving.

Not sure how to delete the user to recreate if you can explain that?

I deal mostly with the Essential/Standard systems & know you can do that, but I don't see how that can be done with the Basic system.

I also know most of the time on the Essential if/when you see a red X flashing it's more of an informational & most of the time can be ignored.
I never seen before where this popup box appears & says the error needs to be resolved.

Thanks again

Anyone else have any input about this?
I'm assuming with no one else responding, means this is just how the new 11 revisions are & removing that passcode can't be done?

Thanks

It looks like you will need to do a Factory Default to the system.

Then re-programm all by hand.

Avaya makes changes and frustrates technicians.

That's what I was afraid of, thanks Billxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back