Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

100R INA - Caller ID - Droped Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nandot

Technical User
Jan 7, 2011
US
Hello,
I new to the merlin world so please forgive me for the following. I have a Merlin Magix Relese 4.0 v7.0 at one of my job sites where I have notice that the top indicator light is solid red all the time on the 100R INA card I have installed. I have also notice that my outgoing caller ID show up with some random number as well. Finally I have to reboot my system once a week in order from having it drop calls at random.(only calls to the outside world) It does not happen a lot. I was told that needed to replace my processor, which I did with a brand new one. I am starting to think it might be this 100R INA card. I wanted to put a feeler out there to see if I can be pointed in the right direction. Also, I even had my service provider do stress tests on my PRI just in case.

Thank

I would go into Maintenance > Error Log and then Permanent and then look at Transient.

This could tell you what's happening.

You can also look at the SLOT under Maintenance and see if there are any problems under Error Events.

Thank You i will give this a try today.

So I finally had looked at this and found the following. I saw the following error under permanent.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Under Permanent Errors:
Permanent Errors: >
HARDWARE INOPERATIVE
Slot06 Port00 Count001
First 01/18/11 12:35
Last 01/18/11 12:35
Code 6C0B
Permanent Errors: >
PRI SVC AUDIT TIMEOUT
Slot00 Port00 Count028
First 01/24/11 17:31
Last 01/15/11 17:59
Code 7001
Under Transient Errors:
Transient Errors: >
DS1 SLIP ALARM
Slot05 Port00 Count005
First 01/11/11 18:46
Last 02/09/11 18:16
Code 6C0A
SLOT under Maintenance:
Last 99 System Errors: >
INVALID SLOT INTERRUPT
Slot00 Port00
Last 01/25/11 17:53
Code 0010

SLOT under Maintenance for Slot 6:
Previous hr Slot 06: >
02/15/11 16:00-16:45
CurAlm NONE MaxAlm YEL
MIS SLP ES BS SEC FS
000 003 000 000 000 000

I did try one thing. I got a hold of new card just like it and I put it in. The caller ID worked but no one could direct dial to the individual desk. All of the other features work on the system.
Thank you.

You need to verify the clock sync options for the DS1. It should be set to be primary clock source. You should clear the error codes from permanent and transient also. Two of the error codes, 6C0A AND 6C0B, are INA module related, error code 7001 is a timeout problem with your service provider, and may be related to the clock sync problem. What errors are you getting with the replacement module? You need to clear the stack as I mentioned above, plus what Merlinman mentioned above about checking the slot 06.

....JIM....

Hello Jim,
Thank you for the info. I have to figure out how to check the clock sync options for the DS1 and I will give it a shot. Unless you can point me in the right direction. The only big problem I had with the new card was that I can’t call anyone directly to the individual assigned number to each phone. I can take calls to the main number and transfer from there. The caller ID works as well also. I since them put back old card until I can figure this out. Thank You.
Fernando

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back