Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

10000 directory entries 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

srv1strat

Technical User
Jun 11, 2004
IE
ip 406 running 4.1.15
client would like unique customer number (custome id) displayed on handsets on incoming calls.
ldap only supports 500 entries.
ipo directory supports 1000.
client has a customer list of approx 10000.

2 questions
1. will vmpro & Third Party Database Access (IVR)
license support the 10000 entries requirement
2. is there any other way of achieving this goal?

I am not sure how the TAPI nor Exchange solves the original request to put anything on the phone's display. Maybe I missed something? Did the request change?

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M, TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
ACE Implement: IP Office

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Why doesn't don't you have the caller enter the ID using a variable to present it in the screen of the target. You don't need anything for that.

kholladay. you are not mistaken the original request still stands. caller account id displayed on the handset on incoming calls.
i've found the followng thread
i found this thread having been pointed at the "ExtendLDAPDirectLimit" option by support.
there was also a disclaimer about application performance using a directory of this size.
support also mentioned a 42 entry limit for cli routing in vmpro.
i'm still trying to find time to test this. if i ever get around to it i'll update with the results.

Perhaps because it isn't practical to have 10000 different acocunt codes appearing on the handsets?

Well as I mentioned this is not a proper application for LDAP. Database integration is the most appropriate means for doing a query on such a large set of data.

This whole process would take very little time to implement.

Here is a rough example that will route automatically if the CLI information is already in the database and ask for input if it is not. It will even add the $CLI information if it is missing (obviously not the name):

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M, TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
ACE Implement: IP Office

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back