Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

100% CPU Utilization

Status
Not open for further replies.

dixson

IS-IT--Management
Aug 27, 2003
IN
We just migrated all our users to the standby exchange 2003 server ( We use EMCs Replistor ) all the users moved smoothly. One of the database was corrupted which was repaired using eseutil /p . Now the server CPU runs at 100%. Disabled all antivirus software to no avail. Store.exe & Inetinfo seem to be taking all the CPU time. What could be the issue?

If you ran a /P you should also run ISINTEG on the store.

faq955-5581

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

Thanks,
Now that i have mounted the database immediately after /d, what the next remedial action that can be taken?
REgards

Follow the FAQ I linked to above.

Regards,

Mark

Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

We repaired all the databases and now the CPU usage is down to 60-68%. We have noticed that the Routing ensine service is all that is taking up the CPU usage. If we stop the service, the CPU usage goes down to nelow 5%. What could be wrong?

Do you have more than one Exchange server?

Regards,

Mark

Yes we have 3 exchange servers
1>Active Server on which all users mailboxes are present.
2>Standby server. All exchange related services on this server are stopped. Online replication is configuredfrom primary to standby with EMC Replistor(runs on both exchnage server)ver 6.1 sp2
3>Front End server

Then you've only got the one back end server so the routing engine shouldn't be doing anything much. Which server does the Internet traffic gatewaying?

Internet traffic is sent to smtp host on a ironport device

What does the routing engine do in my case? and dow the line if i were to have more exchange servers, how will this effect the whole system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back