Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

10 hour call - CM 8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWWaters

Technical User
Feb 10, 2023
CA
thread690-755336
Good day!

We're on CM 8.1 and we're seeing a bunch of 10 hour calls that I know simply didn't happen. I see agent activity on the station that allegedly made these calls.

The newest thread I could find was from back in '04 and I was wondering if any Avaya gurus know if there's been a patch for this long outstanding issue?

Thanks

Where are you seeing 10 hour calls? Through CDR?
How many/how often are you seeing them?
How can you be sure they're not real?
Assuming they're PSTN calls, what kind of trunks are you on?

I'm seeing them through CDR - and pretty much on a daily basis.

I know those calls aren't real because some of them will come from a call centre agent and CMS shows the log in and out activity through several different agents. It's an inbound only call centre (PSAP)

These can be both inbound or outbound though the systems, and for the PSTN trunking, it's SIP, and I didn't see anything unusual on our monitoring system.

I realize some of these calls are over a midnight with those inherent issues, but the rest could be almost any time.

This is just confusing for our end users - and me too!

Thanks

JW

But isn't your PSTN hookup for the PSAP on basic T1s?

Didn't we meetup for drinks at the IAUG meetup in Ottawa over the holidays?

I'd be curious to know if it's just for calls involving the PSAP consoles or if it's for calls on regular 9600 sets too. If you can eliminate the PSAP thing, then you're already more thn halfway there.

The longest phone call a CM CDR record can create is 10 hours. After 10 hours it will create a new record. So string your 10 hour calls together and you like have some very long phone calls. My guess is you have phones off hook that havent been hung up. Find the extension and see if its off hook and connected to the PSTN. I had this issue where people would go to a conference room. Call a conference bridge. Have their call and leave. The conference call would stay up.

I would status your CM trunks during off hours. See what's connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back