Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

10-DIGIT-DIALING

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEFBEL

Technical User
Nov 17, 2008
US
Hi, AT&T is adding a new area code (629) over our present one (615) starting March 28. I tried to add the new area code in ld 90 but I get an error (ESN072). I also need to get our system to allow 10 digit dialing. Not sure where to begin on that one.

As always, I appreciate any help. This is always a great forum! Thanks!

Jeff Bell
Nashville, TN

So the error is:
ESN0072 NPA, NXX, etc., specified, already exists.
Action:
Severity: Info. Critical to Monitor: No. SNMP trap: No

You need to print your NPA/NXX/SPN to see where that might already be defined.

As for allowing 10-digit dialing, that is a VERY general statement... Depending on how you have things defined in LD 90, 87, and 86, it all depends on what you're dialing (internal or external) and how you want the call routed (SIP, PRI, on-switch), etc.

So without clarifying your statement more, there really isn't one clear answer anyone can give you. I work for NACR, an Avaya vendor, and I'd be glad to assist... :)

All local calls (either area code) will now require a 10 digit dial. Our PBX is set at 7. I'm sorry I was not more descriptive.

Another thing to consider here is will you have long distance dialing within those 2 area codes that require the 1? You could build 629 and 615 as SPN's and then program 1629 and 1615 as NPA's for LD calling within those area codes. That's how we do it here because we also are forced to 10 digit dialing because we have 10 digit dialing across state lines in 2 area codes. However, I also have LD dialing within those 2 area codes that require the 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back