Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1 to n "subreports" with CR for VS2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomzon

Technical User
Aug 26, 2005
FR
Hi everybody, it's doctor Nick :)

I am working with VS2003 (ASP.net with C#) and want to achieve the following:

Depending on a session-string with 1 to n ids 1 to n reports (a report is 1 to 2 pages) must be created and be available for individual but more importantly simultanious printing.
The datasource is a pushed ADO.net source (need a bit of help finding a way to pass the session-string parameters to this).
I need to find a good approach to this as I doubt if subrepots are the smartest approach (all reports 1 to n must be shown at once without prior opening) or if there is some smart way I can get the details part to do what I want to achieve.

You can do this without using supreports. You'll have to create 2 tables in your ADO.Net DataSet. One table will have a record for each "report" and the other will have all the detail lines for each report along with an ID pointing back to the first table to tell which report they belong too. After you add the 2 tables to the report use the Visual Linking Expert to link the 2.

Then add a group on the first table, and place data from the second in the details section. You can check "New Page After" in the Group Footer using the Format Section screen to make a different "report" for each record in the first table. I'd suggest using the session string to tell how many records to create in the first table, and fill the second depending on what "reports" you are printing.

I don't know how you're filling the ADO DataSet, so I'll stop there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back