Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1 set of procs outputing to 4 different databases

Status
Not open for further replies.

blexman

Programmer
Jul 18, 2001
CA
I have inherited a database application. The app has 70 procedures, which run quarterly. The client would like the 4 quarters run so that the output is sent to a separate database for each quarter. The procs are updated every quarter with client requests.

Currenlty I have 4 databases where the code is identical and the data differs.

Is there a way where I can have only 1 set of the procs and some how output the data to 4 different databases ?

re-writing the app is not an option and there are NO dates in any of the tables.

this can be possible only by making dyanamic stored procs runtime (i.e. store the stored proc in table and make temporary stored proc run time by getting there data from tables) But this would be very time consuming process. so i would suggest to compile all 70 procs in all the four database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back