Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1 phone multiple handsets? possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rilhouse

Technical User
Oct 11, 2005
CA
Is there a meridian phone or adapter out there that would allow multiple handsets to be used on a single phone?

Some people want to use the conference fetaure but not with hands-free, they want each person to have there own handset so others in the room can't hear the conversation. Is this possible with 1 phone?

must be the day for strange request.. you can add handsets. hardwire new plugs.. you're going to drop volumne..

better bet.. buy a speaker phone..

they make set with 2 handsets and a small amp..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Anyone in the room (not on a phone) will hear half the conversation anyway...

A Uniden ELBT595 5.8Ghz cordless might suit you.
2 Line phone (1 Land/1 Mobile-via BT), Bluetooth headset option, & up to 10 additional Handsets. Handset to Handset connections are also possible.
Really cool phone... sad part is a few hours of constant use drains the batteries, so not suited to users taking loads of calls.

Why dont they just go to another room or have the ones you dont want to listen in leave. Another example of mismanagement wanting technology to do the dirty work.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

i agree Johnthephoneguy, i'm just going to tell the person it's not possible. stupid requests....

thanks all for the help regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back