Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1.4(25) Now Released 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrIPO

Instructor
Oct 23, 2003
AU
For those that are intrested, see release note extract for 1.4(25), Its intresting what errors are resolved in this release.

Enhancments

Enhanced tracing and monitoring diagnostics across IP Office platforms.

Fixes

#Disable message-waiting light while extension is ringing.
#Selecting a voice recording percentage not recording the specified percentage of calls.
#Queuing prompts occasionally not being played when more than one VM port is in use.
#412 responding to unicast packets intended for other devices.
#Pickup any can disconnect a call that has been that routed off switch.
#Prompts may be played over music on hold.
#POTS 30 modules could reset when the unit was placed under heavy traffic load.
#Degradation of VoIP call quality between networked IP Offices across either the WAN or LAN interfaces has been experienced. An issue was reported of degrading voice quality over time (approximately two weeks) when networking three or more IP Offices together.
#Dial inclusion feature does not work to an Analog headset.
#An exceptionally short time between subsequent DTMF tones (inter-digit pause) may cause non-detection of digits.
#Dial plan corruption when making VoIP calls across an incorrectly configured VPN line which is being accessed to route calls.
#When networking IP Offices using ‘voice networking’ and centralized voice mail, if the eConsole application is used to transfer an incoming call, by pressing F3, the voice message is directed to the transferor’s mailbox switch.
#When paging a large hunt group numerous times within a short time period, the specific DS Module that the users extensions are connected to may reset.
#With certain carriers, the Hunt Group forwarding feature would occasionally fail to connect to the programmed number.
#With the gain adjusted to maximum to compensate for low gain trunks, using IP Office 412 and VMPro, a light ‘popping’ and or ‘clicking’ sound may be heard when playing back voice mail messages.
#Users not receiving busy tone when all lines unavailable.
#The connection to the IP Office would not always be disconnected by some third party IVR system, the IP Office behaviour in these circumstances has been modified to compensate.
#When using the AutoRecord feature calls could be conferenced together.

Known Issues
#Voice recording does not function on IP Hard phones.
#Toggle function does not function on a single button on IP Hard phones.
#IP Office Frame Relay Frame types are incompatible with Avaya’s™ X330 WAN Module.
#When an external call is made from a phone manager speed dial associated to a 46xx terminal no ring tone is heard through the handset when the called party rings as expected and connects correctly. This only occurs when the handset of the 46xx is lifted from the cradle before the ring tone is heard through the speaker.
#If you configure a DSS key as a "group" BLF key, the key does not respond (i.e. flash different colours) when Queuing feature for that group is turned off.
#IP Office to Definity over a Tie Line immediate with DTMF does not work.

No mention of the DT phone issues only POTS 30 Issues

ipo.gif

Mmmmm - neither there is.

I called Avaya Tier4 and they confirmed that the fix for the "Slow Responding" DT phones WAS in build 1.4(25).

So I tried to follow the link to Technical Bulletin 015 () on the business partner website - and it came up with an error!

I then tried to find a link to download the 1.4(25) s/w but nobne could be found.

I then connected to support.avaya.com and drilled down to the 1.4 English s/w release area. Success at last!

[Home > Support > Technical Database > Systems for Small and Medium Businesses > Media Gateways and Media Servers > IP Office > R1.4 English > Software Downloads > IP Office Software Level 1.4(25)]

I then downloaded the s/w and installed into my poorly DT16 module. So far (2 1/2 hrs now) it has behaved itself.

So I can verify that the fix is actually in there.

Why it is not listed I have no idea. :eek:(

Mar sin leat

endpoint
(when you get here there's no where else to go!)

Is anybody having problem with the message waiting lamp on analog phones (and of course 1.4(25))?
If there is a new voice mail the lamp doesn't light until that extension is rung. Then the light stays lit as orange (first time I've seen this) and even if you listen to your message it doesn't go off until the extension is rung again.

With 1.4(22) the lamp would blink (red/orange) when a new message was in and go off when you listened to the message.

Now instead of blinking it becomes orange and in order to change its status the extension has to be rung once...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back