Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

0x32 hunting to asst. and then callpilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidroski

Technical User
Sep 21, 2004
US
6.1 system with PRI. He is in commission sales. He wants his #2640 to hunt to 2639 (asst.) and then voicemail. I have read through everything I could find but when he is on the phone, it rings once on the asst.'s desk and then to his VM. His asst. can't catch the phone and neither can he. Both numbers appear on both phones but I took them off and it still happens. I have played around with timers to no avail. Thanks in advance.

Need to go into voicemail programming under lines and tell the lines you want them to be answered after X amount of rings. Make sure with it being a PRI you also check to see if the ext. you are dealing with has any target lines assigned to it and make the changes there as well.

Money may not buy you happiness, but in MLB it buys you CHAMPIONSHIPS. (27 and counting). MLB,stands for Major League Baseball for you slower Boston Fans!

Both phones have the numbers as target lines and both have each other's line. Should the target lines on the phones match the timer on the voicemail, be greater or lower? The site is 130 miles away and I don't have an 0x32 with PRI closer to test on. They are also the only ones wanting this that are not on a PBX.
thanks

Yeah it's got a RAD, lifesaver (or tiresaver). I have busy call forward set, that is what they are trying to do, get calls for each other when they are on the phone (sorry if I didn't make that clear). If they are away, they can forward to their cell or let callpilot answer. I will make sure they have each programmed but the prime (not the word I'm looking for) is intercom, which each has two. I'll also add two lines for each target line. Should each phone have 2? Should the callpilot be set up to ring, appr or appr & ring?
Like I said, wish I had setup like this somewhere else or somewhere in town where I could set up test phones and numbers.
thanks for taking the time to answer, if anything I have is wrong, let me know. I can take being told to pull it out as long as I get the user happy.

Thanks for the responses. I have it working. I took the app of the other phone off each and put them in a pick grp. I also added 2 app of each target on each line. I hope this helps anyone that has the same problem, I hate when someone gets responses and then just answers that "it works now.

I took the app of the other phone off each"
Can you explain?
Having an appearnace (F*2) of ones ext on the other has no impact on programming what so ever.

All you had to do as I mentioned was assign 2 appearance for each.

Why the pickup group when you have appeances?

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

I took the target line off to be more clear. I don't know which of the two cleared it but one did. Working 90 sites spread over the state by myself doesn't give me a lot of time to go back over what I did when they say that's how they want it to work. But it's a job said the only man left standing.
Thanks for all the input, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Answer DN is what you want, it will ring at each others phone and if the ring no answer is the same it will go back to the called phones VM.Plus it can answer multiple calls.

But does it ring simultaneously on both?
He wanted to answer his phone first because his assistant sometimes answered her phone no matter who the call was for.
thanks

With Answer DN its usualy the method of choice for executive and assitant.

Assign an Answer DN key on the assitance phone for the executive.
Make sure that Forward No Answer ring count is greater on the assistance phone by one ring and that Forward busy is set to none on both sets.

When a call comes in both phones will ring at same time but the answer dn key will flash so the assitant can tell that it is a call for the executive and choose if to answer or not.

This applies to internal calls as well.

So based on the above you can decide if to go that route or not.

Have a great holiday yourself.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Thanks Curley, I am glad you take the time to share your knowledge.
It is frustrating working these systems with PRI's when they are only 4 and they are far out. We have about 90 systems of all makes. The Manager is happy the way it is but I will set this up. I can always go back and change it to the way I have it now.
I generally put the systems in with copper and never go back so not a lot of learning opportunities. One day I will set one up here and go through the features like I did when there were two of us and learned different systems. As I said, now it is only I and they want me to do data now also. Anyway, glad to have a job in this economy so shouldn't whine.
Merry Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back