Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

0C31 appears while booting on diagnostic disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

john22471

Technical User
Dec 10, 2003
SG
I have an E30. I tried to boot from the diagnostic disk but unfortunately it hangs on 0C31. What does 0C31 means???

Thanks,

I check my Cdrom and its ok. Any idea about this code???

i think it's looking for a system console.
Is your console connected correctly?
Also try to press 1 or F1 if it continues to boot

If a console has not been configured, the system pauses with this value in the three-digit display and then displays instructions for choosing a console on the native display. System initialization and configuration continue after you choose a console.
When the LED is at the 0c31 prompt, it is asking you a question (on both
serial and GUI console):

"Please press 0 to select this console"

or in some cases:

"Please press 1 to select this console"

hope this helps,

Lou

Here is what IBM's site says:

"Select the console display for the diagnostics. To select No console display, set the key mode switch to Normal then to Service. The diagnostic programs then load and run the diagnostics automatically. If you continue to get the message, check the cables and make sure you are using the serial port. "

This is the URL for error messages:
From there, you can look for LED display codes, 7-digit error codes, etc.

I had it working. Anyway, thanks alot for the help...

Regards,

JQ

Had the same issue. Followed the steps described in luisb03's reply and it worked. Only happened the first time the server booted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back