Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

07, 004.46:20430 Phaser 350 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

minkymu

Technical User
Sep 23, 2003
US
Please help. I keep getting this message

07, 004.46:20430 when I start up.

Thanks!

The best thing you could do is replacing the dmu clutch, located on the left side of the printer. Probebly this clutch is slipping.
Dany

check also the maintenance drawer for worn out lift pins and replace if needed.

Code means: No transitions are observed of the drum maintenance cam sensor. The sensor may be bad or the drum maintenance cam may be jammed.

Hint: Please check, is there accumulated paper dust in joints and bearings (you have printed over 20 000 pages so far). Dust dries things and they jam. Vacuum and lubricate.

BR,
Ari

Dany1/ari014,

I have the same error on power up (except my printer is the Phaser 840). My "drum maintenance cam" must be jammed, because I cannot remove the maintenance drawer. I have noticed some yellow color-stik ink had leaked down to the paper tray.

Any advice on how to un-engage the maintenance cam so I can remove the maintenance drawer?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Hi Mike,

Only way I know: you have to open left side of printer, then manually turn stepper motor. You should be able to rotate whole system a full cycle. If stuck, lubricate joints and check there is nothing loose to prevent action (ink debris?). You may turn the stepper in both directions.

Hint: Once run in this error and just turning the stepper solved it. There are sensors to locate the cam after electrical failure. My guess, there may actually be positions, sensors won't notice and you get (false) error.

Best,
Ari

Ari,

Thanks for the response. I dismantled a large portion of my 840, put it back together and powered up. The printer managed to release the maintenance drawer and continue to do a normal warm-up sequence.

Unfortunately, the printer stopped functioning with the dreaded 07,004.46 error again.

I have been reading various other threads within the forum on similar errors and found many documented issues with the "maintenance cam sensor". Where exactly is this sensor? I do not have a 840 service manual, but understand that the sensor is most likely on the left side of the printer (when looking at the LCD display in front).

I would like to fully clean this sensor to see if bad reads are causing my dilemna.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi,

I have 340 and 360 troubleshooting manuals in .zip format.
I can send them to you in email; please send enquiry to ari_014@hotmail.com (get's frequently overloaded by spam, sorry).

UNFORTUNATELY, troubleshooting frequently refers to other sections in service manual set I do not have. There is also a PC diagnostics program I do not have either. But just reading troubleshooting, you get a glue what's happening or should happen. Error codes seem to be common in all Phasers; in 8xx there are probably more.

BR,
Ari

Ari,

Please email me the troubleshooting emails that you mention in your Dec 6 forum post. Since my last attempt to contact you on Dec 7th, I have taken my Phaser840 removed side panels and cleaned any sensors that I have been able to identify. I have noticed that the quartz halogen bulbs in the drum heater are flickering (instead of staying constantly on), should I replace them with GE 120V B1 Q150 T2.5/CL bulbs (ref printerfixers Tek-Tips forum user's msg)?

I attempted to send you a couple of email messages, but they must not have gotten through. Please send the trouble-shooting manual to my email address specified below. To properly build my email address, replace <at> with the @ sign to complete my email address correctly.

Ciao,

Mike
email: ckmowry<at>attbi.com

miavsfan,

the drum heater lights are supposed to smoothly come on and off during the warm up phase. If they are flickering on and off rapidly, my guess is the quartz may be bad. But otherwise, they will turn off and on within certain periods of the powering up of the printer.

Lamp's normal operation in idle is to flash at around 30 Hz. When warming light pulses get longer. When too hot, drum fan will start to operate with similar pattern. This way machine controls drum temperature.

If drum heater is not heating enough (broke e.a.), you get error 15,004.45

BR,
Ari

Ari, Thanks for the update on the lamps. I don't feel that my lamps are a problem at this time. I need to address the problem with the drum maintenance cam or it's sensor. Do you have any pictures from a service manual or a trouble-shooting guide which identify the sensor and/or the cam. If I can successfully identify the potentially fault part, I have a greater chance of repairing the problem. Please send any images to my email address (drop the &quot;NO&quot; &quot;SPAM&quot; keywords from the address): ckmowryNO@SPAMattbi.com.

Thanks in advance for your assistance,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back