Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for AIX 5.2 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

murali2104

Technical User
Jul 6, 2005
IN
my application uses ORACLE .I am facing the following problem on AIX 5.2; I found that i have to use kernel extension.
with "/etc/loadext -v /etc/pw-syscall"; But on my system the file "loadext" is not available.

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program TEST because of the following errors
:
0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for TEST because:
0509-136 Symbol pw_post (number 287) is not exported from dependent module /unix.
0509-136 Symbol pw_wait (number 288) is not exported from dependent module /unix.
0509-136 Symbol pw_config (number 289) is not exported from dependent module /unix.
0509-136 Symbol aix_ora_pw_version3_required (number 290) is not exported from dependent module /unix.
0509-192 Examine .loader section symbols with the
'dump -Tv' command.
#

Can you please HELP me out.

Do you have another AIX 52 server which has /etc/loadext and the pw-syscall file(s)? If so, just copy the files over to this server.

Even if you have a AIX 43 server with loadext and the kernel extension on it, you can copy all necessary files over and it should work on AIX 52, provided you are running 32 bit kernel of AIX 52.

HTH,

p5wizard

I do not have any lower versions. But I have anotehr AIX 5.3; can I copy from there?

My belief is the loadext is supplied by Oracle and is put in place but running the rootpre.sh script also supplied by Oracle. Normally this script is run priop ti installing Oracle. Look at the contents of Disk1 of you Oracle Media.

Hope this helps. Kieron

I have copied them from anotehr aix 5.3 and my application is running fine. I had a new issue now with eTrustAccessControl

# ./selang
exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ./selang because of the following errors:
0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for selang because:
0509-136 Symbol SEOS_syscall (number 217) is not exported from
dependent module /unix.
0509-192 Examine .loader section symbols with the
'dump -Tv' command.
#

That's another kernel extension you're missing. But I don't know which. Googling for "SEOS_syscall AIX" lands me a.o. at BMC's support documents...

HTH,

p5wizard

IF this is a recently upgraded system! You may need to reinstall eTrust. We have experienced problems with eTrust after upgrades so now we re-install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back