Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

£ symbol changing to $ symbol in Enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

NattyCat

MIS
Aug 9, 2004
GB
Hi,

I have a report that has 5 subreports. Each subreport has a shared variable to parse the total to the main report. There is then a formula that adds all the values together to give a grand total. I have pressed the "currency symbol" sign to give me a £ sign on all the totals in the subreports and the grand total on the main report.

Once the report is saved, and imported into Crystal Enterprise, the £ symbol changes to a $ symbol on the grand total and 4 of the subreports. The symbol on the other 1 subreport stays as a £ sign.

Does anyone know why this happens and how I can fix it? I need all of the symbols to be a £.

Thanks,

Natasha

I'm just guessing but I suppose using the 'currency symbol' will result in the report using the system's default currency symbol (which might not be identical on your client and your CE server). As there's one subreport that doesn't change its symbol, you could check by comparing this field's format with the other ones. You can (at least in version 8.5) customize the symbol being displayed and explicitely change it to £. Doing so with all your relevant fields should work.

Since you didn't bother to post version information, you might have to adjust this slightly, but right click the field and select format field->Number->Customize->Currency Symbol->Check the Enable Currency Symbol and change it.

That should overide the default on the server for you.

-k

sorry i didn't put the version - it's version 9 crystal and v10 enterprise. I have already set the currency symbol in the report and it's set to £. This still doesn't work as soon as it gets to enterprise it returns to a $ sign.

Nat

Please try to be specific.

Setting the currency symbol in the report is different from that I posted, I suggest forcing the currency symbol for each field.

You can also globally set it by using File->Options->Fields->Currency which sets it globally within Crystal Reports, however this is for use within crystal Reports itself, what I posted is intended to force each fields currency symbol.

Which did you use?

-k

I have taken two steps to resolve this.

a) format field->Number->Customize->Currency Symbol->Check the Enable Currency Symbol and ensure currency symbol is £

b) File->Options->Fields->Currency set to £

Despite these two actions, when the report is loaded into Enterprise (V10) the report displays $. We set the regional settings on the server to English United Kingdom and it STILL does it.

synapsevampire is correct. We had the same problem using CRv10 (£ sign OK) and CEv10 (incorrect $ sign) even though both the client and the server settings were set to Locale = UK. The only way to solve the problem was to FORCE the £ even though the field properties show a £. In other words, go into CR Format Field/Number Tab/customize/ & either change the currency symbol to something silly & save, then FORCE it back to "£" & save. You can then use the Format Painter to copy this to other similar fields. BO couldn't help & I guess this is a bug??? Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back