Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Zoom serial external shutsdown XP computer during detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

lacasa

MIS
Jan 16, 2003
US
I have a new Zoom 3048 serial external modem. I am trying to install it on Win XP Pro computer. I install software, turn off computer, then connect modem as per instructions. When turning the computer back on the modem is detected. I select automatic install and it appears to start copying files (window pops up), then within 5-10 seconds the computer reboots.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Sounds like its loading an improper driver set, instead of automatic, uninstall the software if you can, then when it pompts, manually point it to the driver folder on your cd-rom, and if applicable, the xp subfolder. Try that. Zoom also has support resources. Good luck.

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

Thanks.

I have been gone for two weeks. I had tried your solution already without success. Anyway I ended up returning the modem and brought my USR hardware modem in from home to solve the problem temporarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back