Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Zoom keyboard shortcut not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

olddognewtrix

Technical User
Mar 22, 2006
US
I'm using the QuarkXpress shortcuts and they don't seem to be working. Is there a system preference to activate/deactivate?

How do I zoom using the keyboard. I tried all combinations of keys and the zoom in/out tool doesn't appear.

Are you talking about Command = (zoom in) and Command - (zoom out) on a mac?

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Yes. I'm talking about holding down the mouse key with one hand and holding down either the option + shift key AND/OR the command key--whatever works. Nothing works now.

Command = and command - should work in all apps. I just set ID3 to Quark shortcuts and it works.

If you have Quark shortcuts enabled you can also use "command 2" to double the size and "command 2 -" to halve it. Change the number and you can triple or reduce triple etx.

You can also hit z click to zoom in and option z click to zoom out.

Take a look at the various menu items showing key commands and/or mouse over a tool to get the key command for that.

If your keyboard shortcuts are not working, the only thing I canthink of is that your preferences could be botched.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back