Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Zoom Cursor for Windows XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder850

Technical User
Jan 10, 2007
US
does it exist? i want something similar to Ubuntu 7.10 in which you can zoom in on whatever it is your mouse cursor is pointing at by just pressing down a button and scrolling your mouse...

If anyone knows anything post up some links please!

Thanks.

Not exactly like that, but if you go into All Programs-> Accessories-> Accessibility. There's something called Magnifier there. Click on it and you'll get a bar a at the top of your screen whcih will show an enlarged version of magnify the general area around your mouse.

It moves with our mouse so it effectively magnifies whatever you point your mouse at.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Hardware wise the MS Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 has the button you require. I have a couple and the feature appears to work well on XP/ Vista.

thanks guys, but its not so much microsofts magnfier im looking for, its more of just a zoom of what your cursor sees, no external window to clutter things even more...just a direct zoom on your mouse cursor...

linney, i had looked on google with quite a few combinations of words but ill give your search a try.

still looking...but thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back