Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Zoning and Connecting HP-Blade to CX-700

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMCcme

Technical User
Aug 2, 2008
hi all
we are goin to have 2 HP blades servers connected to brocade san switch for HP c-class which is connected to Existing Brocade Director which is connected to CLARiiON CX700
its like That
Blade Server N-port----> F-port DS-switch E-port--->E-port ED-Director F-Port--->N-port CX-700 Storage Processor

the question is is there any risk to connect Ds-swithc to the existing Ed-director ( they have different D-ID)
do i have to configure port between swithc and Director as E-port or are they auto-detecting

and the Big question
how to configure zoning in this case
do i have to create a zone on san switch which contain wwpn of both blade server and cx-700 storage processor and identical one on the director
or just one in the director
plz help me in this problem

regards

If the DS switch is a Brocade as well you should have no issue with them being in the same fabric as long as you have different Dom IDs on them. You won't have to configure the ports between them as the switches will know it's an E-Port and an ISL.

If the DS is a McData switch, make sure that the InterOp mode is set on the brocade correctly.

On the zoning: zoning will propogate throughout the fabric, so doesn't really matter where you zone from although personally, I generally always zone from the same switch.

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back