Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ZoneAlarm installation problem, Win ME 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveoasis

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2004
US
Can't get it to install on a client's PC. I will report further what the errors are, very soon.

Also, just got his Control Panel working. It had disappeared, but restored after removing 300+ spyware.

Thank you. Dave

i have no prolems with ZA on my ME machine.

eyec - I am going to make his drive a slave on an XP PC, then do all the data recovery. I will antivirus, antispy etc this drive also. Then I recommend we upgrade his drive & OS to Win XP.

Thanks, Dave

cheese 'n' rice, why's anyone still running ME these days?

but what was the actual problem? Because i had a few problems with ZA on an ME machine when i downgraded and had to sit with ME for a couple of weeks before I got XP.

-----
Best Regards
Rob Kelsey

ME has worked fine on my machine for years and for us people with older machines its not the resource hog that XP is where need probably at least 512 meg of ram to make it work right .

older machines? mine's 7 years old lol. XP's not too bad on 384 megs of ram. it is on 64 though cos i know a plank who did run it on that. (me lol)

-----
Best Regards
Rob Kelsey

I know that people will swear that ME is fine for them, but I had 4 years of trouble with it of all sorts and now I have XP and it is just wonderful compared to ME. I don't think I will ever forgive Microsoft for putting me through all those years of hassel with that rotten software.
There is problems with Zonealarm that are listed in other posts here about 'not getting updates from the Zonealarm site', and having to 'stop 'truevector' to be able to upgrade', but those problems aren't ME related.

I have several customers still using Windows ME and ZoneAlarm firewall with no problems.

zone alarm, ME. All text has disappeared in Zone Alarm screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back