Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Zone Paging Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

talan1268

Technical User
Nov 30, 2005
US
We recently had the outbound tip/ring on our Bogen ZPM-3 die. That module is bypassed directly into the amp, but we have found a problem with some older analog phones. They have the paging capabilities, but when the acod is dialed and picks up, all that happens is the tn starts kicking out auto-dials. We thought someone was playing around once we got paging turned back on.

I've tried a new phone, switching that phone to a different tn, outing the tn and recreating it from otm, and outing the tn and copying from a known good tn. Nothing has fixed this problem. I have very little hair left, as I've been pulling it out trying to figure this out.

Those phones page fine through the module, but not without the module.

Any help anyone can offer for me to fix this would be greatly appreciated. We do have a new module on order, but until that gets in, I need to fix this problem.

So you have one analog phone (newer) that works and one analog phone (older) that doesn't?

John

You need to have the ZPM-3. That is you zone controller as well as your talk battery. Don't think you will get that to work without the ZPM-3.

janaya, you are correct.

EddieDuece, we can't get those phones to work with paging without the ZPM-3, so they won't be able to page from those phones until the new module comes in.

It's pretty much luck of the draw if the phone works or doesn't. There doesn't seem to be any problems with the digital phones, which is weird to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back