Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Zone Alarm Vsinit failed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMPO

Technical User
Jan 2, 2003
US
I ahve a problem with Zone Alarm everytime I try to use the Innet after 10 minutes this message take over my explorer and I have to reboot:Notice from Zone Labs Internet Security
This page is to notify you that ZoneAlarm has detected a problem with your installation, and therefore has restricted Internet access from your machine for your protection. Don’t panic! The step-by-step instructions listed here will help you to determine the problem, and explain how to resolve the issue.
Please print this page out first. If you don't have a printer setup or use a network printer, please click here to get a word version of this page and save it.
Note: If you have a Cisco VPN client installed and were re-directed to this page, please follow the directions here.
Why did this happen?
There was an error on your machine that is preventing the ZoneAlarm (Plus/Pro) security engine from properly starting. Because this condition is similar to a condition where a hacker is trying to disable your security, ZoneAlarm (Plus/Pro) has blocked would-be hackers by locking down your computer from outside Internet attacks. You should verify that your system is clean of any viruses or Trojans before restoring Internet Access. Check with your antivirus support site for help and special tools to remove viruses.
How long will it take to restore my access?
This will take between 5 and 15 minutes.
Instructions to restore Internet access
First try this:
1. Restart your computer. (To do this, locate the Windows Start menu in the system tray, select Shut down, select Restart from the drop-down menu and then click OK.)
2. After restarting, check your Internet access. Try this up to three times to see if your Internet access is restored. If this does not restore your access, proceed to step B below.
If above doesn’t work, do this:
1. In the ZoneAlarm (Pro/Plus) interface, go to the Overview Panel, locate the Preferences tab and uncheck "load ZoneAlarm (Pro/Plus) at start-up" as shown in figure 1 below.
2. Reboot your computer. (To do this, locate the Windows Start menu in the system tray, select Shut down, select Restart from the drop-down menu and then click OK.)
3. In this third step, you will be renaming your Internet logs folder. This simple step only takes a moment, just follow the instructions carefully below. Please note: Deleting your Internet logs is necessary to restore Internet access, but you will lose your ZoneAlarm (Plus/Pro) settings as a result.

a. In the Windows Start menu select Search and then For files or Folders.
b. In the box titled "search for files or folders named:" type the following exactly, with quotes: "internet logs"
c. In the box titled "look in:" select Local Harddrives…
d. Now press Search Now
e. In the results to the right you will see a folder called Internet Logs. Typically, this is located at:
i. C:\Windows\Internet Logs (for Win 9x/XP)
ii. C:\Winnt\Internet Logs (for Win 2000/NT)
f. To rename the folder, simply right-click your mouse on the word "Internet Logs," select Rename and then type in a new name in the text field such as "oldlogs." Press Return when done.
4. Reboot your computer. (See step 2 above)
You should now have Internet access. (If you do not, click here.) To restore your security, install the latest version of your product by clicking the correct link
Any Help my system Windows 98 SE

Also this message whne I start the computer show up

VALIDATION FAILED FOR
C\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VSINIT.DLL

Uninstall ZA in Add/Remove programs, and reinstall it.
See if that works.
Also, if you use a DSL or cable ISP, then turn off the computer, and disconnect the power cord from the modem before doing the reinstall. This will prevent any hackers from accessing your system while it's unprotected with a firewall(Not necessary to do this with dial-up).
Then, reconnect it after the reinstall is completed.

Forgot to mention to also do a Ctrl-Alt-Del on the Desktop, and shut down all programs except Explorer and Systray before reinstalling ZA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back