Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ziptel SIP trunks disconnecting at 15:36

Status
Not open for further replies.

westcoaster

Technical User
Sep 26, 2002
CA
Outgoing calls placed on SIP trunks disconnect at fifteen minutes and thirty six seconds.

Pick up a shoretel IP480G set and dial a telephone number. At the 15:36 mark, the far end drops but the trunk test tool and communicator (I have not looked at the icon on the telephone set yet) show the call still in progress.

Pick up a Shoretel IP480G telephone set, Dial a telephone number, place the call on hold then unhold, the call continues past the 15:36 mark. I usually abandon the call at the 20 min mark.

Pick up a polyccom conference phone (registered to the shoretel system) dial a telephone number and have a call continue past the 20 minute mark.

In calls answered by the auto attendant and routed to their destination do not drop at the 15 minute mark. Have not tested calls directly answered by a 480G set.

Packet captures indicate a 15 minute keep alive reinvite being sent to the siperator, to the shoregear switch, to the IP set then the IP set responds with an invite of it's own.

The shoregear switch then responds to the IP set with a 507 status : 409 server internal error - re-invite inside a re-invite.
Nothing gets sent to the siperator and as a result the siperator sends a 408 request timeout to the service provider, dropping the link.

Trunk provider is Ziptel. Not part of the Innovation network. Shoretel will not assist. (fair enough)

Anyone see anything similar?

In the Siperator Under sip services, interoperability, I tried changing the signaling order of reinvites from send re-invites all the way directly to send response before re-invites are forwarded.
All that did was keep the far end from dropping immediately. Audio still cut off at the 15:36 mark.

Siperator
SG220T1a
Shoretel 14.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back