Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ZipFile throwing "error in opening zip file"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GremlinHunter

Programmer
Sep 13, 2006
US
For several weeks I have had a bit of code opening zip files and counting specific extensions inside. Now when the routine runs I just get "error in opening zip file" from IOException.

The odd thing is that the test code still works fine from my workstation, even when I use the same network path and files.

All I have found from trolling google is dead threads and a few postings on incompatable zip file formats. I can not see how it could be zip formats if the same logic works on one machine and not another (both target same file on network drive).

Has anyone else come accross this before?

Maybe the problem is in the machines: they have the same JVM version?

Cheers,
Dian

They are running different jvm versions. The old Oracle 8i DB that is having problems is using 1.2.1. My development station is running 1.5.0_06.

Perhaps my workstaion has a more robust version of ZipFile class. If this is the case though it is odd everything worked for several weeks before having problems. The zip files this checks are created from a script that has not changed in years so the compression program has not changed. Dang if I can find anything that changed. Ah, the joys of a legacy system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back