Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Zip 250 Drive Assignment Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redneck

Technical User
Jan 14, 2001
US
Reformatted my HD. Upon install for Internal Zip 250 it goes through the setup and shows the assigning drive procedure but does not allow me to assign a drive nor does it show one actually being assigned. In the properties for the reflected problem it acts like it needs a driver. However, I have tried to find a drive that might correct the problem on all of the disks that came with it, C drive, and also dl'd the driver set from Iomega and tried it without any success. I even changed my 2 CD drives to one up leaving a empty drive number to see if it might take the bait and use that one. I have uninstalled and installed the software numerous times. Am running Win 98SE, have 2 cd drives and portioned my hd to C, D, and E with the CD's being G and H. I know that when I bought the cpu 2 years ago and installed the software it did okay. I'm open to suggestions for a resolution.

Thanks.
Redneck

Internal IDE ZIP drives require no software installation whatsoever - so what you're talking about above in your first line you don't have to do, and probably shouldn't have looking at the results.

Question, what motherboard are you using? I guess if you've got a motherboard where the bios doesn't recognize zip drives, then maybe Windows won't automatically recognize the drive - though for a mobo not to detect zip drives it would have to be like an original Pentium mobo or earlier.

MB is ASUS A7V KT133 Socket A. I kow that it should work as it worked for a couple years before I reformatted the HD this week. I put all of the install files that came with the MB back on. Or at least it appears that I did as nothing else is giving me problems. Thoughts?

Redneck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back