Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ZfD4 GP for W2kP

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfrArch

IS-IT--Management
Aug 27, 2001
Hi!
Did anyone tried to configure a GP for W2kP clients? I tried it , but GP does not work at all. Please, write me a step by step guide how you did it. (if you successed) Novell ZfD4 Documentastion is poor and sometimes NOT correct. Thanks a lot!

My company has setup gp for zfd 4 and it is working without any difficulty. Do you have the ZFD4 management agents installed on the workstation? Also to setup the GP for w2k workstations, you have to create them on a w2k workstation.

All, that you described, I already tried. It does not work unfortunately. But recently Novell released a SP for ZfD4. I'll try to implement it .
Victor K
psas@canada.com
MCSE+I;MCSA;MCSE(w2k);CNE(5.1);MCNE(6);CIWSP;CIWSA.

I just scanned through the ZFD4 Admin guide section on how to setup the group policies. Just the generic outline on how to get to where you need to be.

Once in the policy editor...all of our settings have been made under: User configuration/Administrative templates.

do you have the Scheduler running in your system tray? If so, can you see the policy coming down to the workstation?

recently Novell released a SP1 for ZfD4 . I'll try to install it and test it. Hope everything will be OK.
Victor K
psas@canada.com
MCSE+I;MCSA;MCSE(w2k);CNE(5.1);MCNE(6);CIWSP;CIWSA;Net+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back