Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ZFD4.0.1 Remote Management Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

mklim

MIS
Sep 23, 2003
US
We just upgraded from ZfD 3.2 to 4.0.1. In 3.2 I was able wake up a workstation and use the Remote Control feature of ZfD to log in and do what ever I needed to do. In ZfD4 I’m able to wakeup a workstation but I’m not able to use remote control. Unlike v3.2 which had all Zen agents included in Novell Client, ZfD 4 uses standalone management agent. ZfD4 Agent starts after user loges in and that is why I can remoter control a PC that is not logged in. Am I missing something here? It looks like this is a major flaw in v. 4.0.1. Any ideas anyone?

PS: I’m running Novell Client 4.9 on Windows 2000 PRO workstations

I just double checked my workstation...running Windows 2000 pro with client 4.83 sp2. And I can remote control the workstation while it is sitting at the login prompt. Even though the ZFD4 management agents run separate from the client, the remote control piece really hasn't changed that much. It still should be starting as a service automatically when the workstation boots up. When you installed client 4.9 is there still zen agents that were installed? I have seen with the 4.83 client if you re-install them after the zfd management agents, you can have some strange problems with the application launcher and such.

I'll have to get a copy of client 4.9. In general how has the new client been working for you? I haven't tested it yet.

Problem Solved!!! I finally found what was causing the problem. The Remote Control Policy was set to run on User Login. I changed it to System Startup and it all works perfect.

We upgraded to Novell Client 4.9 to solve some problems we had with client-server connectivity over our WAN link. Since the upgrade now issues were reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back