Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ZfD3.2 - Nal objects can't run *.msi package

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janey66

IS-IT--Management
Jul 22, 2003
US
I have a few *.msi installs that launch if you double click on them. However, if they're created as application objects, I get a 1603 error. Not great with *.msi installs either. Has anyone encountered this problem?

I have run into this one, all I needed to do was map a U drive for the workstation. M$ doesn't give much info from my searches on this issue, so it may be difficult to find out why you are getting it. We had to map the U drive (going to the users home directory) manauly because it was not mapping in the login script. The workstation team has the My Documents directory was redirected to the U drive.

You may need to do similar, but not exactly the same. Sounds like the system is looking for resouces, and not finding them.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Provogeek
CNE Network+
Experience

Certified nut case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back