Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ZFD 4 import workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.

vale2

Technical User
Feb 21, 2003
FR
hi!
it seems to be a well known problem but someone has an idea about how to explain some workstation (W98 - 3.32 sp2) are well imported and some not on the same ghost & container?
Is there a way to trace it (workstation & server)??
thanks a lot!

There is a log file at the root of C:, it can point you in the direction you need.

There are a few points that need to be checked for workstation import.

Be sure you can resolve ZENWSIMPORT host name to the ip address of the server running the Workstation Import tool.

Be sure you have the apropriate policy in place for the creation of the workstation object.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Provogeek
CNE Network+
Experience

Certified nut case

ok what do you mean by "Be sure you can resolve ZENWSIMPORT host name to the ip address of the server running the Workstation Import tool"?

when you go to a command prompt and type PING ZENWSIMPORT, it must resolve to the IP address of the server running the Workstation Import java thread.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Provogeek
CNE Network+
Experience

Certified nut case

yes sorry, forget that stupid question...
policy seems to be ok
zenwsimport ok
i have noticed that i have to re-install zfd4 (otherwise i have: "1456: The Remote Management Agent failed to read the information from the eDirectory server." when i take control), unreg and reg the machine...
if i don't unreg : i keep older informations (the login who has installed zfd)
if i don't reg : on the importws screen on the server, i see that name of the user is missing (i import workstation with "username"+"."+"name of ws")
workstation are with 3.32 SP2, and zfd4-1b
i can make application or command in login script but i think i am missing something...
i'll try tomorrow with the msi of zfd4-1b.
i see too, there will be a patch soon..
thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back