Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Zetafax - part blank pages on receive

Status
Not open for further replies.

timbath

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2003
GB
I am using Zetafax Server v11 (which I think is 2007) on Windows 2000 Server with two US Robotics serial 56k faxmodems.

From time to time a fax is received in which:

a) either it is cut off part way through a page and the remainder is not received

or

b) the fax is received in full but parts of one or more pages are blank.

In both cases the server records a "fail" and in some case the sender sends again automatically (I guess depending upon the sender's machine).

I have tried everything, made all the recommended changes to the setup.ini, to no avail. I'm tearing my hair out!

It is worse today for no apparent reason. This morning 90% of received faxes showed as failed although it has settled a little without any human intervention. Equisys refuse to help as they say the product is obsolete and I need to upgrade which means a new server!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Have purchased a support pack (£475 +VAT) and upgraded Zetafax to 2009. Equisys now being helpful but still no resolution. Has anyone else had anything similar?

About to upgrade server to 2008 to see if this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back