Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ZESA routing between CS1000 and SRG

Status
Not open for further replies.

the1sandman

Technical User
Aug 3, 2006
US
I have a CS1000 and SRG with VOIP phones at both sites. All phones register to the CS1000. I am unclear on the ZESA programming on how to send 911 calls for the SRG site back to the local site and out their own trunks. Any help or clarification on ZESA would be appreciated.

Just to make sure you are connected correctly, are you SRG phones programed to go to the SRG then get redirected to the CS1000? If not then your not setup correctly.

Do you have the SIP trunking setup? This route should be the route used to setup the ZESA setting. Below is what mine is setup as. The 199 is the routing entry in my NRS so it knows what system to direct the call to.

Zone Number (ZONE):3
Route number (ESA_ROUT):50
ESA Access Code (ESA_AC):Access Code 1 (AC1)
ESA Prepend Digits (ESA_PRPD):199
ESA Locator (ESA_LOCR):

One thing to make sure is that the entry in the NRS is set to Private Special since ESA calls are sent to the NRS in that form.

911Guru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back