Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Zero out optio works only from certain caller IDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

amoosh

Technical User
Oct 13, 2010
US
I have a weird issue. When I call from a CA number I can push zero and be transferred to an external vdn but when I call from a TX number it takes me back to " welcome to Avaya messaging..." The mailbox in question belongs to a user in our Texas branch so I am not sure if it is a routing issue.
We are on MM 5.2 and CM 6.2

Thanks everyone for any help you can provide.

What type of integration are you using SIP or QSIG ? Also are you sure that the TX user is setup with the same personal operator or are you using one system wide 0 out destination ?

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

We are using SIP.The TX user is set up with a unique personal operator number.

If you look at the OHV in live mode when you 0 out does it show the transfer taking place ? it sounds like it cant transfer to that destination. I would try changing it to the one used in CA and see if it works if it does then it is the VDN that seems to be the issue or at least the ability to transfer to it.

Ken Means

I created another scenario on my extension and I get the same results. Whenever I call from a TX number I can not get pass the greeting but once I call from my cell (CA number) I get transferred.
When I look at the OHV i do not see any transfer taking place. This is what I see:
"WARNING NT significant event with ID '214xxxxxxx' was reported with strings '04008/n'
04008 is the zero out vdn on the PBX.

Is your VMSC set to transfer invalid numbers ?

Ken Means

but if you call the same mailbox from a number not in the 214 area code it works right ?

Ken Means

VMSC is set to transfer invalid numbers. If I call from a different number it works.

Thanks again for your help.

when you call and it works what do you see in the OHV?

It is acting like the 04008 is or should be a know number in the fedb. Is this a multi site system ?

Ken Means

When I call and it works i see a successful transfer. Yes this is a multi site system.

it sounds like a numbering conflict. Is it 5 digit mailboxes or 4 ? and do you have each site setup with its own access number ?

Ken Means

At this point without being able to look at your site config and the numbering plan i am not sure what it could be other than a conflict in the numbering and or mailbox numbers that are matching more than one entry

Ken Means

Thank you very much Ken for trying to help. I do appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back