Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Zenworkstation Browser 3.2 Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goat001

IS-IT--Management
Jul 26, 2005
ZA
Hi there folks,

We have a Zenworks 3.2 running on our Novell network.Along with that we have windows 2000,NT and XP client machines running. When trying to remote these pc'c with Novell client version 4.83, there are lots of workstations we cannot see. When installing the client, remote manangement option is selected but there remains alot of workstations not visible under our ZEN workstation browser....please assist.

There is a tool called ZEN workstation browser where you can remote pc's running client. But there are many of them that I cannot view under the different containers even with the remote managment option choosen when the client is installed.

If I'm not mistaken, the worksation browser is an app the sort of plugs into ConsoleOne and is used when you only want your help desk type people to do remote control and not much else.. for example, you don't want them snooping around your tree and getting into stuff they shouldnt.

I think the answer here is that you need to forget about the Workstation Browser and get to the root of the problem. Look in your tree with ConsoleOne.. are your worksations actually registered? Do you have an import policy? It's not just a matter of installing the 'remote management' piece of the client, you have to get the workstation objects into NDS before you can remote control them.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back