Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ZENworks Service Pack Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

goosed

MIS
Jan 5, 2007
US
I'm having some issues finding good documentation on upgrading ZENworks 7 for Desktop Management.

We are currently running ZENworks 7DM on a NetWare 6.5 server. The reason that I am looking to upgrade is I am having some problems imaging some workstations. I followed the instructions from TID#5004761, and it recommends an upgrade. I was able to use the Live Boot CD to successfully image machines that were previously erroring out, so I confirmed that it does fix my issue. However I'm not sure how to go about upgrading.

I downloaded the Service Pack 1 for ZEN, but like stated above I'm not sure how to install. It comes with a Windows installer package, but is it as simple as running the executable?

Can someone please point me in the right direction for upgrading my ZENworks? Thank you in advance.

Your post is very confusing and jumps around a lot.

However, when you apply a ZEN service pack, it's just like installing the full version. You don't just patch files.

It should retain settings from what you already have installed.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back