Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Zenworks security cuestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josue

Programmer
Aug 29, 2000
MX
Hi dear:

My name is Josue and I'm working as process engineer.
Our company has its own LAN with Novell and Win98.

Today it apear an application in my computer called Zenworks
application launcher explorer, it also changed my wallpaper
and screen saver. As you note I'm not the Lan administrator
just an user that knows programming and computer stuff.

I'd like to know if there is a way to bypass this tool that
doesn't allow me to put my own wallpaper and screen saver, while I'm still conected to our network.

I'll appreciate your help

Best regards

My e-mail is josuej@mx.smtc.com
and the other jjacquez@hotmail.com

The answer is no. Your administrator has implemented policies on your workstations. Only your administrator can change these features, as the policies disable windows features such as Control Panel, or parts of it like Display, Network, and so forth. You may no longer have the ability to use the run command, or to execute unauthorized programs. These are features that make it easier for admins to keep a network under control, and I must say that I love the product.
happy.gif

-Mike

I agree with MDonato. Zen is a great product. It stops people that know computer 'stuff' from screwing up the systems, therefore making our job easier. Do you really need to change your wallpaper at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back