Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ZENworks preboot service not starting on Windows server 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chillybeans

IS-IT--Management
Sep 17, 2012
NL
Hi,

I'm having trouble setting up ZENworks's imaging service. I've set up a DHCP running on the same server and i set up all the appropiate config files for all the required services.

All the services start fine but whenever i try to start the Novell Preboot service which is the most important one it seems it gives me a message saying that he started it and stopped it right after.
Saying that some services don't start unless being called upon.

The ZENworks documentation clearly states that this services should be started and i think this is the reason that i can't take/deploy images yet.

Whenever i start a client using LAN it states that it gets a IP from my DHCP but no Filename could be found.

I have a feeling that my whole preboot isn't functioning purely because of the service not being able to start.

I hope someone has usefull tips for me seeing as im not super experienced with ZENworks's imaging service.

Thanks in advance,
Kaleb

What info can you get out of the event log?

Normally, this service works fine out of the box when the DHCP service runs on another host. When PXE and DHCP are on the same host, there is some additional config that needs to be done. Using the link below, please step through your config and ensure you have setup everything that is needed. You need to configure the DHCP server to send out option 60 that ProxyDHCP normally does. You then configure ProxyDHCP so it knows there is a local DHCP server.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Brent Schmidt Senior Network Engineer
Keep IT Simple[/color red] Novell Platinum Partner Microsoft Gold Partner
VMWare Enterprise Partner Citrix Gold Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back