Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ZENworks Policies

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodwins

MIS
Feb 24, 2003
CA
I have four local users on a Windows 2000 workstation.

1. Admin (Administrator)
2. Teacher (Power User)
3. Office (Power User)
4. Student (User)

I have created four ZENworks policies to dynamically login each user based on group membership. Of course, admin works fine but the other three always resets its local settings.

I'm not sure if I want to use eDirectory credentials because there may be over 50 teachers or students use that machine and we Re-Image our labs about every month or two.

I know in Windows there is a setting for Volatile Cache but am unable to change for anyone other then admin, because of user restrictions.

Any help would be appreciated

Shane

I know in Windows there is a setting for Volatile Cache but am unable to change for anyone other then admin, because of user restrictions.

Any help would be appricaiated

In the dynamic local users policy there is a setting for "Volatile user". Using eDirectory credentials and removing the "Volatile user" checkmark may be the only solution to your problem.

-Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back