Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Zenworks Application Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

djburnheim

Technical User
Jan 22, 2003
AU
We are runnning NW6 with Zen 4 and I'm trying to produce a report that lists users, the application objects that associated to them and the last time the user actually used each application. I have setup the Zenworks ODBC but can not find any tables that give the info I need.

On the ODBC thing, Zen uses the CIM specification for the database. Good side being - it's a standard. Bad side being - it's a standard whose tables were linked by a chimp on acid.
You can run crystal against it, but it will take a while to sus out what bits are where. Keys to not tie tables (ie: ID# in table A is not ID# in table B.. it might link to machine type..) I use Crystal to browse the tables until I figure out what links and go from there. It eats time but you can get great custom reports. Zen 7 (if you have upgrade protection!) will be standardized on Crystal reports btw.
Here is an old appnote that will get you going wtih the basics. The tables and linking info are in the Zen docs.

hth - Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back