Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ZENworks 4 policies not holding in Dell gx 260

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlame

IS-IT--Management
Dec 13, 2002
US
I have just started creating an image on a batch of GX 260 computers. I am ready to upload the image but my final test is logging in as a student. When I do, the ZEN policies for student users are not coming down. Students have access to everything!
Client properties are identical to GX240 and 270 machines running XP, but those machines work just fine.
Any suggestions? Thanks,Michelle

I dont know why this is but I had some problems with this as well. I found out that there is a certain order that this must be installed in. Install the 4.83 Novell client, Zen 4.0.1, then client service pack 2. If you do this in any other order it wont work. Apparently Zen breaks a lot of things but the service pack makes them work again. The order I gave you will make it work ever time. The abd thing is if you need to uninstall things to start over. (If you need help with this let me know - its a pain as well.) Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back